5.11 Rush 72 Tactical Backpack
The 5.11 Rush 72 Tactical Backpack is a Full-size rucksack with a 23″H x 13.5″L x 8.5″D (2,639 cu in.) main compartment.
There are numerous smaller individual pockets and pouches, several with zipper closures.
Large, external shove-it pocket, Top exterior crescent-shaped organization pocket, two exterior, side, gusseted zippered pockets.
- Large, external shove-it pocket, Top exterior crescent-shaped organization pocket, two exterior, side, gusseted zippered pockets
- 1050D nylon with water-repellent PUx2 coating on main body, 210D 118T water-repellent PUx2 coating on inside pocket flaps and pocket bags
- Closed-cell foam back padded hydration pocket with two back-to-back zippered pull tabs
- Top, quick-access non-scratching fleece-lined sun-glass pocket
- Generous web-platform on three sides with additional attachment points
5.11 Rush 72 Tactical Backpack Review:
This 5.11 Rush 72 Tactical Backpack is everything you would want in a large, tough and comfortable backpack. The nylon material is almost indestructible and the room inside is plenty big enough for a 72-hour excursion.
The backpack comes highly recommended by people from the forces…and they should know a thing or two about tactical rucksacks with quality and durability!
This model’s capacity is a huge 47.5 litres which should be enough for a long weekend away hiking to your hearts content.
There are plenty of pockets and compartments including a padded hydration pack compartment. With lots of loops and strong zippers, it makes this a fantastic choice for any long/medium overnight hike.
The backpack is STRONG with the top handle capable of withstanding 2,000lbs of carry.
The one problem that has been flagged is it’s tendency to roll forward when the pack is set down on the floor, but if that’s the only tiny gripe we feel the 5.11 Rush 72 Tactical Backpack is great value for money, even though it comes in at over the £150 mark.
For those 2 small negs (floor balance and price) we award it a 4.55 out of 5 and rate this as one of the best large backpacks on the market today.